Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 3

Not much to say today, we didn't have much to do. The treehouse is pretty much set up to our liking. There are still things we want or need to do (like heavy cleaning) but that can wait. The bedframe was delivered and set up this morning, it looks nice. They hated when they forgot something, having to climb the steps several times.



Dan took the mini van back to Avis (we needed it to transport things like the couch) and got a reasonable priced car until the jeep arrives which should be here in the next 2 weeks. We hung out, he took a nap while I watched tv and looked at the tourist magazines I picked up. I starred places I wanted to go or things I wanted to do, circled places I wanted to work (all outdoors; ranches, tour boats, botanical gardens, and the like), underlined food topics of interest (like the farmers markets and such). It's early evening the local news is on and I've got homemade spaghetti sauce on the stove (cheap and easy).
No plans for tomorrow, maybe laundry, maybe snorkle, maybe both. Here are some pics I just took.



South view from atop our landing.



East view, grapefruit tree on left clementine tree in front. They both need help! We can get tips at the big farmers market on Saturday, it's on the community college's campus and they answer questions like that.



North view/entrance

-- posted from my IPhone

Location:Kaapuni Rd,Kapaa,United States

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you are there. I keep looking for you two at work all the time. It looks so nice, I want to come visit NOW!! Someday soon, though. Glad you made it safe and sound. Keep up the blogging, it's nice to peek into your world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I can't believe we are here too! It's crazy! Slowly, we are settling in. The island is forcing us to do it her way "island style" which means, nice and slow!

    ReplyDelete